Profitability (or Return) is calculated for every Portfolio on the platform - showing the growth rate of each portfolio in terms of USD when compared to its initial value. The rate of return is calculated for both individual assets as well the portfolio as a whole.
How Return is calculated for each asset
The rate of return is calculated for each asset in the Portfolio, along with the aggregated return of the Portfolio as a whole. Note that funds outside of the Portfolio are not included in the rate of return calculation (i.e. Wallet funds).
The rate of return is based on USD value and is recalculated every minute with the following formula:
Yi = (E(f) – E(s) – Deposits + Withdrawals) / E(s)
E(f) = Equity at the end of time frame i
E(s) = Equity at the start of the time frame i
Time frame i = 1 minute
Deposit/withdrawal values are also calculated in USD regardless of the asset type when transferred in/out of the Portfolio. Recalculation takes the exchange rate at the moment of transfer. This way internal transactions (deposits to and withdrawals from the Portfolio) don't influence the rate of return and can't be used to manipulate it.
How the aggregated return of the whole portfolio is calculated
Aggregated return is calculated in a similar manner, by adding the USD values of each asset at the start and end of time frame i (that is, each minute) and the sum of deposits and withdrawals for each asset. The rate of return for a specific time frame is accumulated via a geometric sum formula. We can determine the return for any chosen period by multiplying the rates of return for separate time frames.
This is the formula:
Y = ((1 + Yi) * (1 + Yi+1) * ... * (1+Yn) – 1) * 100%
Y – rate of return for N time frames
Yi - rate of return for the time frame (minute) i
Where can you find your Return?
1. You can find your Return in the Portfolio Performance section in the Dashboard tab:
2. The P/L chart on the Dashboard also shows your rate of return (you can read more about how the P/L chart is built here).
3. If you want to see your monthly Return, you can look at the Historical Performance section:
4. If you want to see performance for a specific time period that goes outside of the default time frames (day, month, quarter, year), you can generate a custom report in the Reports tab by choosing 'Performance' and adjusting the dates to your preferred time period. Please use our guide to learn more about custom reports.
5. Lastly, if you want to see the performance of other traders. Please go to Traders tab in the menu. You will be able to see Return % and Performance charts for each trader right away. You can also visit trader profiles to view their Dashboard with a more detailed representation of their Portfolio.