In most cases verification fails due to one more of the following reasons:
- Unconventional or local proof of identity in non-Latin characters, non-government issued ID (such as a local library or club card)
- The address you provided is different from the address on your ID or supporting document
- The name on your proof of address document is the name of a different person
- The utility bill or bank statement that you provided for address verification was issued more than 3 months ago
- Poor quality/unreadable document scans
- Partial scan where a full document scan is required
To help ensure verification is processed within one working day please take note of our preferred document types:
- Our preferred proof of ID is your passport or an ID card for EU residents. Please note that for a passport it must be a full two-page scan of the open document. For an ID card, a scan of both sides of the card is required.
- Our preferred proof of address is a regular bank statement or utility bill sent in your name. Mobile phone bills won't be accepted.
There may be other reasons for your verification to fail. If the verification procedure is unsuccessful, you will receive an email notification with further instructions from our compliance department. Please follow the instructions in the email, you will be able to complete the verification process by providing additional documents or information.